We will support you with all our know-how and experience along all the stages of your project. Our excellent and punctual service always begins with a fast tender offer. Before we start the planning stage, we will both analyse the situation and thus make the outcome meet all your expectations. At your request, we will also organise all logistics and assemble the portable buildings for you on-site. Our after-sales service comprises spare parts and technical services. You can also benefit from our other services like marketing campaigns for certified portable buildings specially geared to rental companies and dealers in that area. Thus, you will always have the edge on your competitors.


Electrical equipment

How are the portable buildings electrically connected?

All modules have a standard exterior CEE 400V/32A input and a CEE 400V/32A output. Other portable buildings can thus also be connected, but the number of connectible portable buildings is limited and depends upon their various installations’ power needs.

What basic electrical equipment do the portable buildings have?

A number of sockets, light switches, lighting appliances and an electrical heater are available. Since the wiring is led via a cable harness in the roof, a lamp can be installed in the vestibule.

Can I get a gas-fired heating system instead of an electrical one?

Sure! At your request, we will install a gas-fired exterior wall heater, 2100 W, 400 x 580 x 225 mm.

What electrical equipment do toilet and shower blocks have?

The heating system, sockets, and the boiler are, of course, splashproof. In showers, the lamps are also moisture-proof.

Which standards does the electrical equipment meet?

The equipment meets the currently applicable VDE regulations, VDE0100 in particular, and the accident prevention regulations for electrical plants and equipment (DGUV regulation 3). All the electrical elements used bear the CE mark.

Are country-specific electrical installations also possible?

Yes, of course we can adapt our standard installations to specific countries’ specifications.

Is there an alternative to the wiring in the portable buildings?

In high-quality building complexes a central power supply is an option. This does away with the CEE input and output connections at the individual portable buildings. But please note that these cannot be retrofitted.

Sanitary installations

What are the portable buildings’ sanitary installations?

ProContain portable buildings feature sanitary china, water mains and waste water pipes, dirt traps with screens, a pressure regulator and waste water ventilation. The pertinent work meets DIN 1988 / DIN EN 806 “Technische Regeln für Trinkwasser-Installation (TRWI)“. The mains are checked for leaks pursuant to said standard. The water/waste water handover point with a stopcock is in the box flush with the wall at the outer edge of the portable building, where you will connect it.

What alternatives do you offer?

If you want, non-standard versions of the installation can be put behind a face wall. And there are wall tiles and floor tiles, walk-in showers, high-quality tapware, stainless steel washing basins including accessories for sluices and urinals available, too.

What do I have to heed when connecting it all?

You can lay your water mains and waste water pipes above or below ground. What is important is that in winter the mains and pipes are well insulated to avoid freezing. Waste water pipes always have a DN 100 exterior connection. If you only want a kitchenette or washing basin, a DN 50 will suffice. Water mains connections for kitchenettes are ½“, for sanitary combinations ¾“. Larger quantities of water, e.g. for shower blocks, use 1“.


How are the ProContain portable buildings delivered?

Our mobile solutions are delivered all over Europe, mostly on trucks, but also by rail, ship or airplane. We commission long-standing partners. For overseas transportation, we offer our Flatpacks. Up to 4 empty foldable standard portable buildings are turned into one pack of the size of a 20 ft. portable building. Thus, one truck can carry up to 8 Flatpacks. The turnkey portable building is then assembled and erected on site.

What distinguishes a Flatpack from other portable buildings and how long does it take to erect one?

The difference lies in the frame design. A Flatpack consists of a steel frame to be screwed together on site. The empty portable building, on the other hand, has a welded steel frame. It only takes 4 – 5 hours to erect a Flatpack, thanks to its thought-through concept.

What do the corners of your portable buildings look like?

ProContain portable buildings have floor frame corners, drawing upon the ISO corners pursuant to ISO 1161. This version can also be had with roof frame corners, so-called “spreader corners“. These are recommended for sea transportation, since the portable buildings can be slotted by means of a top spreader truss. Tried and tested lifting brackets are also possible. Here, chains and hooks have to be used.

Does someone have to be on the construction site when the portable buildings are delivered?

Yes, definitely, for the truck drivers who do not know where the portable building is going to be erected. The construction site has to have been prepared in order to avoid long waiting times. The contact has also to confirm the receipt of the portable building.

Can we collect portable buildings from your factory?

Sure! Just give us your vehicles’ size and specification and we will tell you if the portable building will fit onto it. Please make an appointment with our shipping department in order to avoid waiting times. Loading will, of course, be for free.

Do you provide cranes and assembly?

Any time! But at the unloading point, there has to be a hard road and hardstand for the crane. Our experienced fitters can be used for new erections, alterations or annexes. The foundations have to be finished before assembly. And there has to be a power connection within 50 m, as does portable building clearance.

Thermal insulation/noise protection

How are the portable buildings insulated?

Our standard portable buildings are insulated as follows:

ProEco series:
Roof: 60 mm mineral rock wool insulation and 35 mm polystyrene insulating wall panels (overall heat transfer coefficient = 0.381 W/m²K)
Floor: 100 mm mineral rock wool insulation (overall heat transfer coefficient = 0.355 W/m²K)
Wall: 60 mm PU panel (overall heat transfer coefficient = 0.345 W/m²K)

ProPlus series:
Roof: 60 mm mineral rock wool insulation and 20 mm polystyrene insulating wall panels (overall heat transfer coefficient = 0.440 W/m²K)
Floor: 100 mm mineral rock wool insulation (overall heat transfer coefficient = 0.355 W/m²K)
Wall: 60 mm mineral rock wool insulation (overall heat transfer coefficient = 0.567 W/m²K)

ProEnergy series:
Roof: 220 mm mineral rock wool insulation and 40 mm insulation in the sectional sheet ribbings (overall heat transfer coefficient = 0,180 W/m²K)
Floor: 120 mm mineral rock wool insulation and 600 mm XPS extruder hard resistance foam (overall heat transfer coefficient = 0,260 W/m²K)
Wall: 200 mm mineral rock wool insulation (overall heat transfer coefficient = 0,210 W/m²K)

What makes a sandwich panel better than other materials?

It provides full insulation, with no thermal bridges through the exterior wall elements. No extra screwing together of the outer and inner panel is necessary. This provides smooth walls, with no bolts, rivets or nails. The slim wall elements are particularly suitable for a fast and easy one-person assembly.

Are other types of insulation possible?

Yes, insulation can be enhanced through thicker layers and insulating materials of even higher quality.

Do ProContain portable buildings meet EnEV 2014?

Our ProPlus portable buildings can meet the latest energy savings regulation, EnEV 2014. EnEV 2014 is part of German planning and building laws and applicable to all residential and non-residential buildings. The energy efficiency building regulations do not apply to temporary buildings with standing times of less than 2 years. Small buildings of up to 50 m² floor space and standing times of up to 5 years have to meet certain overall heat transfer coefficients set forth in the EnEV. All other buildings require an energy certificate. Detailed structural-physic calculations are necessary for the respective building. And such buildings have to be in line with the Renewable Energies Heat Act (EEWärmeG). Should you need advice here, don’t hesitate to ask us.

What is the noise protection?

ProContain’s standard version portable buildings have a sound reduction index of 36 dB in all. By thicker layers and using special noise protection panels an SRI of 42.5 dB was shown.


What accessories do you have?

If you want, we can provide you with furniture like desks, swivel chairs, beds, tables, lockers, waste paper baskets, magnetic rails and sanitary equipment, but also with extras like air conditioning, special floorings, workstation lamps, kitchen furniture, cable conduits, porches, stairs and platforms etc.

How can we heat or cool the portable buildings?

ProContain provides compact air conditioning units like the MAY 90 and wall air conditioning units and wall split air conditioning units. The preferred standard variant is still the radiator, completed by a separate compact air conditioning unit. Our wall air conditioning unit is the more elegant alternative, from outside only two rosettes are visible, instead of the large exterior unit. And it also has a heating function and the noise level is much lower than that of a comparable compact air conditioning unit.

In what colours are the ProContain portable buildings available?

We basically use the RAL colour palette. The colours are broken down in various price categories. We will gladly send you the price table. We also offer other colour systems like NCS.


What snow loads do portable buildings by ProContain withstand?

In the standard portable building, we have a roof load of 100 kg/m² (1,000 N/m²) pursuant to the available structural engineering calculation. Other certified roof loads are e.g. 250 kg/m² (Scandinavian version). Other loads can be made possible, if need be.

What is the maximum floor load?

The floor load is 3.0 kN/m² on the ground floor and 2.0 kN/m² on the upper floor – excluding a single load case. If you want, higher floor loads are also realisable; if applicable, also with a separate structural engineering certificate. If you want, the ProPlus/ProEnergy escape routes for portable building complexes with separate floor units are also realisable for a floor load of 500 kg/m².

What is ProContain portable buildings’ fire behaviour?

All materials and building materials used in ProContain portable buildings are classified in accordance with DIN 4102-1 and/or EN13501-1. Here are some examples:

- Mineral rock wool: A1 (incombustible)
- Polystyrene insulating wall panels: B1 (flame-retardant)
- Plastic-coated wood-based panel: B2 (normally inflammable)
- PVC flooring: B1 (flame-retardant)

And common drywall installations are possible, if the manufacturer has been approved. Here, we attain the fire protection targets F30 – F90 for the ProPlus/ProEnergy series, as attested by an expert.

In what dimensions do ProContain portable buildings come?

The ProEco series has lengths of 3.000 m / 6.058 m, a width of 2.438 / 3.000 m, an exterior height of 2.800 m (exterior height over spreader slab: 2.810 m) and a clear ceiling height of 2.500 m. The Pro-Plus types have lengths of 3.000 -12.192 m, widths of 2.438 / 2.500 / 3.000 m, an exterior height of 2.800 m and a clear ceiling height of 2.500 m. ProEnergy shows lengths of 6.058 – 14.646 m, widths of 2.500 / 3.000 m, an exterior height of 3.000 – 3.250 m and a clear ceiling height of 2.500 – 2.750 m. If an order is placed, structural engineering documents will be provided or prepared. It should be noted that our standard steel design can remain unsupported over up to 6.00 m.

Documents / permits

Do I have to apply for a building permit for ProContain portable buildings or portable building complexes?

That depends upon the respective national building code (Landesbauordnung), the local building authorities and the purpose of the portable building. Please refer to the competent authorities.

Where do I get the documents I need for the competent building office?

You will, of course, get them from us. If an order is placed, we will furnish you with the following:

1. Building description
2. Construction drawings
3. Calculations
4. Technical certificates

Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information